Ragi Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti. The biscotti will crack on the top slight and turn a light golden colour. These Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Walnut Biscotti live up to every expectation you may have about what a holiday cookie should be. The flavors meld together perfectly to form a delightful cookie that tastes just as good with your morning coffee as it does with an evening hot toddy in front of the fire.
Dip one flat side of each biscotti into the chocolate, using a spoon, knife, or the edge of the dish to remove excess chocolate. Set the biscotti on a wire rack, chocolate side up, and let sit at room temperature until the the chocolate is set. Serve Gingerbread Biscotti recipe with Kesar Chai ,Coffee , hot chocolate or wine. You can cook Ragi Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ragi Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
- It's 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup (150 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 of large egg yolk.
- It's 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups (230 grams) of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup (45 grams) of Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- It's 1/2 cup (50 grams) of dried cranberries.
- You need 1/2 cup (90 grams) of white chocolate chips.
If you like this recipe, look for more similar recipes. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Cream the butter, honey, orange zest, and salt with an electric mixer. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Ragi Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place rack in center of oven. Line a baking pan with parchment paper..
- In the bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated. Stir in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips..
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide it in half. Form each half into a log 10 inches (25 cm) long. Do this by rolling the dough back and forth into a cylinder shape with floured hands..
- Transfer the logs to the baking sheet, spacing them well apart (width-wise on the pan), and pat to even the shapes..
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 - 30 minutes (logs will spread during baking). Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and let cool for about 10 minutes..
- Using a long spatula transfer the logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into slices about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick on the diagonal..
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet and bake on about 8 - 10 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake until crisp and dry, about 8 - 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack..
- Makes about 24 - 30 biscotti.
- Optional-Melt 3 90 grams of chopped white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening in a small metal bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Watch carefully as white chocolate can burn easily. Stir to melt. Remove from heat and with an offset spatula spread a layer of white chocolate on one side of the biscotti (or dip one end into the melted chocolate). Let the chocolate dry on a parchment-lined baking sheet..
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray with non-stick spray. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Toasted almond and lemon zest biscotti for any occasion.