Mocha Almonds and chocolate chip biscotti. Italian for "twice baked," biscotti are Italian biscuits—or cookies—that are ideal for dipping into coffee or dessert wine. Just like my almond version, today's mocha chip biscotti recipe uses a few power ingredients like eggs, cold butter, and oil to get the best possible texture and taste. The resulting cookie is buttery, rich, and crunchy without breaking your teeth or tasting like flavorless cardboard.
The cookies will be slightly soft in the centers with harder edges. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping in chocolate. As the biscotti cools, it becomes crunchy. You can cook Mocha Almonds and chocolate chip biscotti using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mocha Almonds and chocolate chip biscotti
- You need 1 cup of All purpose flour . ....
- It's 1 tbsp of coffee water Instant added to boiling . ... 2 tbsps.
- Prepare 1 of egg ... large ..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar Golden . ....
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt . ....
- It's 1/2 tsp of Baking soda . ....
- Prepare 2.5 tbsps of Cocoa powder . ....
- You need 1/4 cup of chocolate chip . ....
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almond slivers . ....
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter . ....
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla essence . ....
- It's tbsp of milk of . Few.
Dissolve coffee crystals in the hot water. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and coffee in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon. Mocha biscotti finds its flavor pumped up with espresso powder and chocolate chips. First you make a dough and shape it into a long, flattened log.
Mocha Almonds and chocolate chip biscotti instructions
- Pre heat oven the 180C..
- Cream sugar and butter until pale..
- Add the egg and beat..
- In a bowl mix the cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda with a whisk..
- Stir in the flour with the butter and egg..
- Add the coffee and vanilla..
- Mix the dough well..
- We dont want a very wet dough it needs to be comparatively dry as it need to be shaped in a log form..
- Add the chocolate chips and almond..
- Add a few tbsp of milk it need be..
- Apply butter on the baking tray and make 2 logs of equal size and shape..
- Bake for 20 min or until nice and hard on the top..
- Let it cool for 10-15 min..
- Now slice them and bake again for 10-15 min each side or until the moisture is gone..
- Serve with tea or coffee..
- Alternatively you make dip it in chocolate of your choice and serve. I could not take another picture of the finished biscotti and it was wrapped up and sent as a gift. :).
Bake this for a short while then you'll slice the log into diagonal pieces, arrange them on the cookie sheet and put it all back into the oven for a second baking. This simple yet delicious biscotti recipe incorporates coffee and chocolate for a classic mocha flavor. Add extra chocolate chips or almonds if you like. Fold in pecans, chocolate morsels and cinnamon chips. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.