Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips, pistachios and cranberries. Transfer these Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti into any biscotti you dream of.
Stir in the pistachios and chocolate chunks (or chips) and spoon this onto the prepared baking tray and spread into the rough shape of a single log - the batter will be soft, so don't worry if the shape isn't too precise. Use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. You can cook Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
- You need 1/2 cup of cake flour (Maida), (more for dusting).
- It's 2 tbsp of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 5 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of pistachios powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
Using cold, wet hands, divide dough into four equal portions. Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Partially dip the biscotti in the melted chocolate and sprinkle lightly with chopped pistachios. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti instructions
- To prepare Eggless Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti Recipe, whisk butter and powdered caster sugar in a bowl until a smooth texture..
- add vanilla essence, milk and whisk a bit more..
- Add cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, coarsely chopped pistachios and chocolate chips. Gently bring together the whole mixture to a dough. Add milk if required..
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Before placing the biscuits..
- Then preheat the oven at 180 degrees..
- Pinch medium to large sized balls from the dough. Lightly roll them in your palms and slightly flatten them. Place them in a baking tray. Keep some space between them as they expand while baking..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes..
- To check if the biscuits with the knife if the biscuits doesn't stick the knife that means it's cooked..
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at least 15-20 minutes..
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. It will become even more hard after cooling..
- Serve these crunchy Eggless Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti..
The dough is baked twice, hence the name biscotti ("twice-cooked"), first in a log and then in slices. These biscotti are flavored with bitter cocoa powder and pistachio nuts. The dough is made in a few minutes in a food processor. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.