Pistachio and chocolate chip biscotti. Chocolate biscotti -- full of pistachios and chocolate chips -- are paired with pistachio ice cream. Softer than traditional biscotti, these are baked for a shorter time. Join me in a pistachio white chocolate chip biscotti to celebrate St.
A few other favorites are Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti, and Pumpkin Hazelnut White Chocolate Biscotti. I loved everything about these cookies. The dough was easier to work with than the biscotti without butter , the texture was moist and chewy, and the pistachios, heavenly! You can cook Pistachio and chocolate chip biscotti using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pistachio and chocolate chip biscotti
- It's 90 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 55 g of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 25 g of dark chocolate chips.
- You need 35 g of shelled pistachios.
- It's 1 of egg yolk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla paste.
- It's 1-2 tsp of water.
Dip edge of each cookie into melted chocolate; let excess drip back into bowl. Place cookies on waxed paper; let stand until set. Place the pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven, shaking the baking sheet. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Pistachio and chocolate chip biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 160. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add vanilla, egg yolk and water (add 1 tsp at a time as you don't want a soggy dough).
- Knead into a dough on a lightly floured surface and make into an oblong shape (roughly 15-20cm long and 3-5cm thick).
- Put onto a greased baking tray and bake for 25 mins.
- Take out the oven and leave to cool (keep the oven on).
- Very gently slice the baked oblong into 1cm-thick slices and place back on baking tray.
- Put back into the oven and bake for a further 5-10 mins, turning the biscotti half way so they bake evenly on both sides.
- Leave to cool and then serve with coffee or hot chocolate, or put into a fancy jar as a present for someone!.
- Be sure to keep them in an air tight container so they keep their crunch..
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix well to form a dough. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick baking parchment. Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, chocolate chips, pistachio nuts. In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well.