Almond Chocochip Biscotti. Return the mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir in the remaining almonds and chocolate chips. In a large measuring cup, beat the eggs, vanilla and whiskey with a fork to blend. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
The double baked Biscotti are traditionally made out of almonds. I wanted was to desperately bake the chocolate ones, but my pantry missed the cocoa powder. Hence, I dropped the idea and baked the basic ones with almonds and choco. You can have Almond Chocochip Biscotti using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond Chocochip Biscotti
- Prepare 250 grams of all-purpose flour.
- It's 100-150 grams of blanched whole almonds.
- Prepare 150 grams of granulated sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 100-150 grams of dark chocolate chips.
This easy chocolate chip keto biscotti recipe is what you need for a mid afternoon low carb snack. It's made with almond flour so it's gluten free and it's sugar free too! Most of all it's really easy to make and tastes delicious. You might also like this maple and walnut keto biscotti recipe!
Almond Chocochip Biscotti instructions
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Blanch (soak in water overnight or place in hot water for 10-15mins) and peel the almonds..
- Dry roast the peeled almonds on a clean pan until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool and chop coarsely..
- Using a hand mixer, beat sugar and eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and fluffy (about 5 - 10 minutes)..
- Beat in vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- Add the dry mix to the egg mixture and beat until combined..
- Add the chopped almonds and chocolate chips..
- Spread some flour on a clean surface and transfer the batter..
- Roll the sticky batter into a log shape which fits your baking tray..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch..
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes..
- Diagonally slice the log and place the slices on the baking tray..
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160 degrees C..
- Return the biscotti slices in the oven and bake again for 20 mins (turning the slices upside down in 10 mins)..
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container..
These cookies will keep for quite a long time. Be sure to store them in an air tight container, in a cool dry area. However if they are subjected to humidity and if they soften, unfortunately you will have to throw them away. Chocolate Almond Biscotti. a special treat in our house, always made during the Christmas season. I have been perfecting these Almond Biscotti for awhile now, the first few batches I made with butter and no honey, one completely fell apart after the first bake and one batch I was so fed up with, I made it into one big log.