Coconut & Almond Okara Biscotti. The coconut tree (Cocos nucifera) is a member of the palm tree family and the only living species of the genus Cocos. The term "coconut" (or the archaic "cocoanut") can refer to the whole coconut palm, the seed, or the fruit, which botanically is a drupe, not a nut. The name comes from the old Portuguese and Spanish word coco, meaning 'head' or 'skull' after the three indentations on the.
Coconut is taken by mouth for bladder stones, diabetes, high cholesterol, and weight. Coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). It's used for its water, milk, oil, and tasty meat. You can have Coconut & Almond Okara Biscotti using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut & Almond Okara Biscotti
- Prepare 100 grams of ＊Fresh okara.
- You need 30 grams of ＊Whole wheat flour (or cake flour).
- It's 70 grams of ＊Cake flour.
- You need 3 grams of ＊Baking powder.
- You need 50 grams of ＊Raw cane sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of ＊Salt.
- It's 25 grams of ＊Shredded coconut.
- It's 25 grams of Almonds.
- You need 40 grams of Dried fruits (mango, etc.).
- Prepare 1 medium of or small Egg.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Soy milk.
- It's 1 dash of Liqueur (amaretto, cointreau, etc.).
Coconut, fruit of the coconut palm, a tree of the palm family. It is one of the most important crops in the tropics. The coconut has a thick fibrous husk surrounding a single-seeded nut. A hard shell encloses the insignificant embryo with its abundant endosperm, composed of both 'meat' and liquid.
Coconut & Almond Okara Biscotti step by step
- Wash the dried fruit in hot water and cut into small pieces. Lightly roast the almonds and roughly chop each one into 4-6 pieces..
- Place the ＊ ingredients into a plastic bag and shake well..
- Add the dried fruit and mix until covered as much as possible with the powder..
- Combine the tofu and the beaten egg. Add them to the plastic bag. Once all of the ingredients have blended together, mix in the almonds and add some liqueur for flavoring, if you like. Bring it all together into a ball..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into a flat loaf and place on the baking sheet. (Coating your hands with water will make it easier to shape.).
- Bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 180℃..
- Take it out of the oven and cool. Cut into 1-cm thick pieces and arrange them on the baking sheet, cut side down..
- Lower the temperature to 160℃ and bake one side for 10 minutes. Flip them over and bake the other side for another 10 minutes to dry them twice..
- Set them aside until they have cooled completely. Store in a resealable bag..
- These biscotti become stale easily. In that case, you can heat them lightly in a toaster-oven to return them to their crisp, hard state..
Find coconut recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network. Use coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut flour, coconut meat and coconut flakes to deliver a flavor boost to your food. Choose coconut oil and coconut sometimes as part of a varied healthy diet made up of whole grains, vegetables, fruits, proteins and healthy fats. Coconut oil extracted from the dry kernel (copra) is an excellent emollient agent. It is used in cooking, applied over scalp as hair nourishment, employed in pharmacy and medicines.