Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti. Beat in the melted butter (or coconut oil). Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and gently fold with a spatula until combined. This lets the sweet almond flavor of your ultimate healthy biscotti truly shine!
For the best results, use regular unsweetened cocoa powder, like this. I do not recommend substituting Dutched or "special dark" cocoa powder; both of these have a different acidity level, which can affect the taste. Stumbled upon this recipe for biscotti made with whole wheat, almond meal and less sugar than usual. You can have Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut shavings.
Without added fat, these are crunchy but not very hard. The log slices really well, making for thin biscotti. Slightly coarse textured, just about sweet (think Marie biscuits), these will be good cookies for the health conscious. Place the cookies on baking sheets and return one sheet at a time to the middle rack of the oven.
Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and coconut shavings.
- Combine these two mixtures, forming a dough.
- Separate dough in two. Place these two sets of dough onto the parchment paper in two long 'log' shapes..
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave 'logs' to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
Skip the photo tutorial - Jump straight to the recipe. Assemble the ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, cocoa powder (use a good quality cocoa), olive oil, baking soda, salt, eggs, sugar, vanilla & almond extract, almonds, dark chocolate chips, coarse or demerara sugar. Made with whole wheat and oat flours, this whole grain biscotti is a nourishing backpack or breakfast snack. Amazing, simple vegan biscotti infused with orange zest and roasted almonds. Dip in vegan dark chocolate for a decadent touch.